You don’t need the professionals at a highly regarded security company in Miami to tell you how popular shopping is in South Florida. If you’ve been out shopping for gifts, clothes for the family, houseware or a million other things, you know how busy the stores are – and how hard it is to find a good parking place at the mall. At All Star Security, we may not be able to tell you how to get the best deal on the hottest new gadget but with decades of experience providing security services in the U.S., we can give you some tips that will help you stay safe and keep your belongings secure when you venture out to the mall.
Safety Tips for Shoppers
Be aware of your surroundings. There is no shortage of distractions at the mall. Between your cell phone, keeping an eye on the kids and all the merchandise that retailers are trying to tempt you into buying, it’s easy for your attention to be diverted. There’s no need to be paranoid, just try to keep an eye out so you can spot if there’s something – or someone – who seems off.
You are most vulnerable in the parking lot, so stay alert and keep these safety tips in mind:
- The best parking space is a well-lit one in a heavily trafficked area.
- If people aren’t around, don’t hesitate to ask a security guard to walk you to your car – especially if you’ve been out shopping after dark on your own.
- Make sure no one is watching you or lingering by your vehicle.
- Be particularly cautious if you are parked next to a large panel van or any vehicle that you can’t see inside of.
- Lock your car doors as soon as you get in.
- Carry your keys in your hand while walking to or from your car.
- Don’t’ leave valuables or packages in your car where someone can see them.
You may not believe it, but one of the top security guards at our company heard someone say that more visitors to Florida go shopping than go to the beach! So, one last piece of advice from your friends at All Star Security Company in Miami, Florida – if you’re looking for something to do, you might want to think about hitting the beach, heading to the park or maybe even visiting the zoo instead of heading to the mall. We live in a beautiful part of the world!